Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ver. 2.0

For a myriad of reasons, few of them good, keeping up with this tomfoolery of a sketchblog has been an unmitigated disaster.

Among the newfound endeavors I'm a part of, I joined the team at Mindwave Comics. I'm slated to be the artist on their new title, "Totem", which promises to be chock full of white-supremacist-punching goodness.

First assignment was creating a quick portrait for the bio page, which appears edited on their site to try and tie it in more with the "Totem" project.



I dunno, I like the silliness of this one. Also, I think Dave (co-editor of Mindwave, and a towering linebacker of a bearhugger) airbrushed me to be paler on the site's version as a joke. Y'know, as you do.

Trying to have a public presence and personal brand on the internet while having social anxiety that ranges from moderate to crippling is a bit ...ineffectual. However, that second part has abated greatly since The Great Ash Pile of January 2010, and as such with a keener eye towards structure and studies, it looks like high time I gave it another try.

Here's to all the best!
-H